Parenting after separation can be difficult for children and their parents. Relationships Australia will be providing a Parenting After Separation Series in Wonthaggi to inform parents about the impact of separation and divorce on children.
What is Parenting After Separation?
Parenting After Separation provides parents with key information and strategies to assist children to successfully adjust to separation and divorce.
The group is interactive and meets the requirements for Court Orders.
Areas covered may include:
- Adults’ and children’s reactions to separation
- Ways to help children adjust to the separation of their parents and to minimise the potential for harm
- Communication with children following separation
- Adjustment process to separation
- Children’s post- divorce reactions and the need for positive parenting
- Additional issues raised by the participants (e.g. discussion of step-family issues; new relationships post-separation; dealing with legal processes)
Handout materials are provided and certificates of participation, suitable for submission to Court, will be provided at the successful conclusion of the program. The cost is $80 per person. Concessions available.
The dates for the Wonthaggi series are:
Friday 17 April 2015
Friday 24 July 2015
Friday 23 October 2015
Bookings are essential. To find out more and register your place phone (03) 8768 4111 or email firstname.lastname@example.org